Team Tombim, defending champions of the NCC Tennis League, are through to the semifinals from the Blue Group following their 7-0 defeat of Team Goshen of Ilorin over the weekend in Abuja.
Athough Team Tombim, anchored by current national champion Moses Michael, still has one more tie against Team Anambra next week, their place in the semi finals is assured having won all three ties they have played.
|Christian Paul of Team Tmbim seems to be enjoying himself on the court.|
Team Goshen which showed remarkable improvement in their final match is now out of contention.
The other semifinal place from the group will be contested by Teams Offikwu, Lead Way and Anambra.
In the two White Group ties played same weekend, Team Kalotari beat Team Hope from Asaba 6-1 in Port Harcourt while Team Civil Defence defeated CBN Futures 7-0 in Kaduna. All teams in the White Group are still in contention for semifinal places.
Team Tombim 7 vs Teaam Goshen 0
1. Moses Michael bt Wale Babalola 6-1, 6-1.
2. Christian Paul bt Niyi Ibiwoye 6-3, 6-1
3. Loveth Donatus beat Bunmi Are 6-0, 6-1
Henry Atseye/Christopher Edward bt Ibiwoye/Layi Farinde 6-3 , 6-4
5. Christopher bt Babalola 60, 6-3
6. Atseye bt Tosho Yusuf 6-1, 6-2
7. Christopher/Donatus bt Ifarinde. Khadijat Salami 6-3, 6-3
Team Kalotari 6 vs Team Hope 1
1. Nonso Madueke bt Adimabua Joseph 7-6, 6-3
2. Ikechukwu Iloputa (Hope) bt Musa Bala 6-4, 6-4
3. Patience Onebamhoin by Abies Amadasun 6-0, 6-1
4. Sunday Maku/Madueke bt Kareem Badmus / Iloputa 7-5, 6-3
5. Maku bt Adimabua 6-0, 7-5
6. Madueke bt Paul Emmanuel 6-2, 6-3
7. Maku / Onebamhoin bt Iloputa / Amadasun 7-5, 5-3 rtd
Kaduna: Civil Defence 7 vs CBN Futures 0
1. Shehu Lawal bt Stephen Augustine 6-0, 6-4
2. Abdulmumuni Babalola bt Martin Abamu 6-0, 6-3
3. Christie Agugbom bt Toyin Asogba 6-0, 6-1
4. Shehu / Babalola bt Chimezie Onyejiaka / Godgift Timibra 6-3, 6-0.
5. Lawal bt Onyejiaka 6-1, 6-2
6. Babalola bt Timibra 6-1, 6-0
7. Shade Ogunsola / Michael Michael bt Onyejiaka / Asogba 6-3, 6-2